Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Do you know why I follow you?

Tonight I was unpacking a suitcase from a trip Ryan and I had recently returned from. And though I NEVER unpack a suitcase this early, it was happening! um...wait. Nope...I just looked over and I left a few things in there. The suitcase is officially still packed.
Anyway, I was going back and forth from the closet through the bathroom and back into the bedroom hanging, folding, you know, the stuff you do when unpacking. It took me just a couple trips back and forth to realize that Espen my 4 year old had been following me. He was literally on my heels. I said playfully "Are you following me"? He responded with "Yep"! I didn't respond and then he chimed in with "Mom, you know why I follow you?" Me: "Why?" Espen: "Because I love you".
I literally stopped in my tracks. Mainly because my heart was melting and I couldn't take another step! I turned around and kneeled down to get on his level and said "Espen I love you so much! And you can totally follow me if you want." He smiled, said ok with a smile, then gave me the biggest hug.

This is a moment I always want to remember and I never want to forget (Yes I'm redundant on purpose).

Two reasons why I want to hold that moment dear and keep in my perverbial pocket...

1. It's a crystal clear picture for me and my relationship with my heavenly father. I want to be with my heavenly father. On his heels. I want to be wherever He is.
2. It will be a wonderful teaching tool to show Espen and Oliver one day how they can be with our heavenly father. And until Espen is a believer, I can tell him that that is how I follow Christ just like you follow me.

My deepest prayers are that I will please my heavenly Father and follow Him, and that my children will walk in our footsteps as we follow Him.
Follow me Espen as I follow Christ!

1 Cor 11:1

Yes Espen I'm totally ok with you following me!

10 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

LOVE that entry! What an inspiration to reflect the character of Christ more in my life! Thank you! I hope you check me out on irishgwen.com as well. Again, thank you for your words of encouragement. What a way to improve my morning!


fateless(sin destino) said...

fine

Anonymous said...

І cοnstantly еmаiled this website pοst page
tο аll my assoсіates, because if like
to read it then my сontacts ωіll tоo.


Looκ at my web-site ... power rating

Teknologi Informasi Selular said...

hi i came from blogger navbar. love design of your blog. please come to my blog too...

Bulk SMS said...

Till now you dint follow me but if you like my page then you will follow me.

SR arbejdsleder said...

I'm just trying to make some links to my site

Panchangam said...

Online Hindu calendar 2017 showing Indian festival, holidays. Indian Calendar provides you with the list of Indian Holidays. Most of Panchang and festivals Information are available on Indian Calendar

BULK SMS PLANS said...

Thanks for sharing this.
bulk sms provider
bulk sms