Monday, May 5, 2008

Secret Garden



This last weekend Cindy (Ryan's mom) and I worked for about 7+ hours in my backyard. There was a major overgrown bed of, well, we didn't know what. You've got to know Cindy, but she is practically a master gardener. She knows EVERYTHING about flowers and plants and anything in that category. I am not a yard person and definitely NOT a bug person! But I feel such a sense of accomplishment and I'm still sore these 2 days after the fact. Between us we shared a pair of clippers and a garden hoe and bug spray and we knocked it out in about 7 like I said. It was a great memory we made, and most of all we found a secret garden.
I love making things beautiful. Well I didn't make anything beautiful, I just worked really hard to reveal beauty that was tragically hiding.
Thank you Cindy for your gift and hard work. Anyone who needs a little peace and beauty in their life, you're more than welcome to find it in my back yard, or my secret garden I should say.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so now that you are a professional, you need to come help me with my non existant garden. I want to do something so badly but I just stink at it all.
Anyway, your secret garden is beautiful.......enjoy it while it still looks like that. :)

Aina Carruth said...

Amazing! It looks so good. Can Cindy come over to our house:) We miss you guys!